Ryan Cleckner returns to answer your rifle-related questions. This is Ryan’s third appearance on the show. His previous two episodes were part of our Building a Backcountry Rifle series from earlier this year. In this episode we get Ryan’s answers to your questions from that series, including…
- How to effectively shoot off of your pack.
- What shooting positions should a hunter practice when dry-firing?
- What distance should a hunter zero their rifle for mountain hunting?
- What should a hunter look for in barrel lengths/profiles/weights for a hunting rifle?
- Are premium metal finishes and high-end stocks worth the cost increase for a hunting rifle?
- What are the pro/cons of different bolt-action types, such as push-feed and controlled round feed?
- What should a hunter do when they are sighting-in a rifle in conditions that they know will be vastly different than the conditions or terrain that they will be hunting in with that rifle?
In the show we mentioned photos of Ryan shooting with sling-support. Here are photos that illustrate this idea:
Thanks again to Ryan for sharing his wisdom with us. If you’d like to learn more, please visit RyanCleckner.com. If you are interested in becoming a FFL dealer or CCW holder, Ryan also has online resources to help with that process: RocketFFL.com and RocketCCW.com.