And we’re back! In this episode, Mark & Steve open the Pandora’s Box of bow setup and tuning. You’ll learn the steps that Mark & Steve walk through as they take a brand new (or new-to-you) bow and work through getting it ready for hunting season. Questions answered in this episode include: What is a draw board, why do you need one, and how can you build one? Why is paper tuning a waste of time (or is it)? What is arrow spine and why is it so important? And much more!
This is just the first of what will be more episodes on the topic, so be sure to let us know what you want to learn and what questions you want answered by emailing us: podcast [at] exomountaingear.com
Mark has previously written several articles and published videos on the topics that we discussed in this episode. Here are some of the specific resources that you might find helpful:
- 4 Ways to Measure Your Draw Length
- Photographing Yourself to Analyze Shooting Form
- Understanding Your Bow’s Draw Length Measurement
- How to Build a “Draw Arrow” and Measure the Draw Length of Your Bow
- How to Build a Draw Board
- Understanding Arrow Spine — What Arrow Do You Need for Your Bow?
- Everything You Need to Know About Paper Tuning
- The What, Why, and How of “Walkback Tuning” Your Bow